Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So I made it!! i just got done w/ my 10 hours in the prayer room.
AWESOME!!! it went by fairly quickly too, must have been everyone's prayers. thanks!

We fasted all day and tomorrow is a coorporate fast as well. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do. maybe rough it out, or just have a smoothie or something. so i said that i'd write about what Corey Russel preached about, so here it is.

He had about a billion points so let's see if i can break it down. He shared about the heart of fasting.

2 Cor 12:9- "My strength is made perfect in weakness"
When we voluntarily make ourselves weak(fasting), God can manifest Himself through us as a broken, weak human being.

Mt.9:14-15-
"Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, "Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?"
And Jesus said to them, "Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast."

Jesus had spent 3 years drawing the disciples into His presence, and when He left, they mourned and yearned to be with Him. This is what will lead them to fast, He said. The fact that they're so hungry for His presence is what will draw them to EVEN give up food or whatever else they may fast from.

Luke 3:21-4:14
God announces Jesus to be "My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

He is then sent to the wilderness, where He's tempted for 40 days and He fasts. The enemy tries to attack the very thing that God had just spoken to Him. satan says in 4:3,"If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread."

satan tries to attack us in knowing truly who we are. WE ARE SONS of GOD and He IS pleased with us!!

When we fast, we'll lose those strongholds and lies that satan has put in our minds that we're noone and that we don't matter to God.

Luke 4:14- Jesus returned from the wilderness with power of the Spirit
Mt 17:14-21- this kind of demon can only come out with prayer and fasting

Fasting doesn't earn anything from God, but when we fast, our hearts are being prepared to recieve the free gifts from God.

So there ya have it. WOW!!!
God's just really engraining it into me that it's all about Him. which i knew before, but never like this. The reason why i do ANYTHING is from the love, passion and desire for Him!! That's my prayer!

So this is very long, but i want you all to know that I'm really enjoying myself. I'm really getting to know my roomies well and some other peeps too!

HAHA, one more thing, so i think maybe only Andrew will think this is funny, but today during one of the prayer times, guess who sat in front of me??? hahaha pacer boy! haha now, noone get the wrong idea, i'm here FOR GOD! not a man. no matter what Andrew may say!!

Peace out all! I LOVE YOU!!! CALL ME!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger David Andrew Gagne said...

No comment on PacerBoyâ„¢.

Glad to hear you're doing ok with the fasting thing.. Kelly you know I'm jealous and yet so happy for you being there.

I don't know you you want more things to pray for or not, but if you do, pray for my older sis [Anna]... God has been continuing to put her on my heart, but I don't know if I need to do anything besides pray at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home