Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hey Everybody!

Well...we made it. Rebs and Andrew drove me down here to Kansas City, Missouri yesterday. I owe them way more than thanks, but thanks guys for helping me out so much. What blessings you have been to me!

I'm moved in with 4 other roomies: Jericha from Colorado, Erin and Katelyn both from parts of New York, and my COM leader Joceyln. They are all so awesome! Once again God has amazing placing.

All day I've been in orientation, learning more about the IHOP base here in KC and meeting a lot of cool people. We'll be finishing up tomorrow with more info about classes and all that jazz.

WOW!! is all I can say. Monday is our day of "consecration to the Lord". We'll literally be in the prayer room for 10 hours!!!! 8am-6pm. woof dog! but I will for sure be cleansed and renewed that's for sure.

"I don't know if I can do this," is what I keep telling God, but I know He has me here for a reason. I haven't really gotten hit with the reality that I'm here and doing an internship for 6 months, but it's coming i know.

I miss all my chums back in Duluth A LOT!!!! Call ME!!!!!

I've taken a few pics of my roomies and my apt. and i'll probably post those soon!

I love you all! let me know if you need prayer for anything.

Prayer Requests:
*energy and strength to get through these first few crazy weeks
*that my heart would be open to whatever God has for me during this time with Him

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger David Andrew Gagne said...

Word up Kelly! We made it back home ok, but we had some adventures!

First of all, we went the wrong way and ended up going on 35 through Kansas City, which ended up with a crazy long detour that set us back an hour!

While Rebs was driving & talking to her 'rents on her cell at the same time, I spotted a young deer stepping out onto the road. I yelled "deer!" and Rebs immediately stomped the breaks and swerved left to avoid it. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic, but the car behind us (a white pontiac aztec, eww) had to swerve right to avoid us, and ended up flying off into the ditch at 60 mph! He zoomed off into the long grass and went through a fence before finally slowing down. Then he drove around in the field for a while trying to find his way out. When he finally got out, we drove up to see if he was ok. I got out and walked up to his car, and asked if he was ok. Then I realized he was taking a leak into the ditch! He said he was ok, and so was his car, and asked how we were. I told him we were fine, and we parted ways.

So that was exciting... our trip was so long, and we both were passing out as we got near to Duluth.

Anyways, Kelly I just want to let you know that we all love you and will be rooting for you while you're in KC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home