Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hvordan har du det?

How are you doing?

Hi all, I'm proud to say that i'm writing from my new room in Trondheim, Norway. I've got an amazing view of the town as well as the Trondheimfjord. I can't believe I'm really here.

The plane rides went very smoothly. haha funny/great story:
so...cortney, brett, rebbecca, chuck and i were all sitting in a close area on our plane ride to amsterdam. before we took off, a woman w/ 3 children came on late and didn't want to seperate from here kids. so they asked me kindly if i'd like to move seats. i said sure, and so they proceeded to lead me to the front of the plane into the business/1st class. there awaited a plush overstuffed plane seat. i was definetly out of my element. all around me people were eating wine and cheese. haha i laughed out loud, literally!! HAHAHA

get this...our seats reclined! i had my own personal tv/movie screen and got enough leg room for an elephant. i guess the Lord really wanted me to know that i was suppose to go to Norway! haha i feel so overlly blessed i can't even begin to explain.

our house is for real a plush palace. this is not what i thought the life of a missionary had in store. granted, it's our 1st hours here, there will be many trials to come our way, but this is the complete blessing of our Father!

the only problem now is....chuck, rebbecca and I lost all of our luggage. so i'll be living in the clothes that i left in as well as a few pairs that i packed in my carry on. so PLEASE PLEASE pray that we get our 8 bags of luggage in ASAP!! we think that because our connecting flight from duluth to amsterdam was so quick they just got lost in the hussle of all the things. so hopefully, we'll get them tomorrow.

We were picked up by Ole, our landlord. His wife, Annetta, and their son, Samuel, are awesome! They're the cutest couple. They were so generous and welcoming to us. it's been great getting to know them thus far. they fixed up the upper level of their house(our place) w/ heated floors in the bathroom even! dang! thank you jesus! i have to remind all of you and myself that this is one of the most elite countries in the world. so...to them this is normal, to me, this is like crazy!! but either way, i'm thankful for the Lord's amazing faithfulness to provide for our team.

we've already been to the local grocery store nearest us. so...the norge experience has begun. and i'm really loving this 'team' thing. i love all my roommates-cort, brett, chuck and rebbecca!

i'm excited to see what God has in store for us this week alone. It's been so great depending on Him for the past hours of my life. Literally as we began this journey, I've felt Him so close. I'm excited to see what's to come!!

beyond a really long day/2 days, i'm so thankful for actually being here. i feel as though i can take a huge load off and breath for once. i give all the praise to my God who has been the only way I could've made it through these past few months. PTL!!!

well..i should go, i'm a scrub and i'm a wee bit hungry. we're gonna eat cheese and bread, YES!!!

love you all,
keldog

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELLY!!

I'm so glad you're there...I remember coming in to work this morning thinking that you were probably getting all settled in...then I read that you didn't have your 4 HUGE suitcases so maybe the settling in will have to wait.

Anyway...so business class all the way to amsterdam huh?!...that's TIGHT! :) haha..who says that anymore?! Hopefully you got some good sleep in that plush seat of yours...you deserve it. ;) (ok well what really do any of us deserve but the cool part is that we serve a God that is so good to us anyway and allows us to enjoy the things that He's made for us!) Can't believe that you have HEATED bathroom floors...I remember thinking that was crazy at Trond and Heidi's house.

Welp...I better get back to work..lunch break is about over. I'll be praying for all of you over here and I can't wait to hear more! Hey by the way...you should write what time it is in Norway when you do your blogs because it only has central time or whatever over here and it would be cool to know the time of day!

Have fun!! LOVE YOU!! ~Rebs~

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah for Norway!!! That's awesome that you got first class..but I hope you got your luggage back by now...I am so excited for you..I need to visit sometime while you're there...I should start saving so then maybe I'll have enough money right before you leave then we can go to Ireland on our way back to reality. haha...oh dreams...love ya

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home